We live in a world where the 9-5 workday is obsolete. Whether we’re back on our laptops after putting the kids to bed or answering emails over the weekend just to keep up, the pressure we feel in our careers has now infiltrated the most sacred parts of our lives – a space once reserved for ourselves and the people we love.
This continuous momentum without pause is causing us stress, making it hard to gather, let alone hear our own thoughts. In moments like these, I turn to the thoughts of spiritual teachers instead, their words like candles illuminating my pathway through the dark.
Below is a list of books written by these luminaries, all of whom have inspired me to reclaim my sacred space. I’m confident that one, if not all, will inspire you to do the same.
Happy Reading 🙂
1. Wayne Dyer, Being in Balance
2. Pema Chodron, Awakening to Loving-Kindness
3. Rick Warren, What on Earth Am I Here For?
4. Marianne Williamson, A Return to Love
5. Wayne Dyer, Change Your Thoughts, Change Your Life
6. A Course in Miracles
7. Kahlil Gibran, the Prophet
8. Eckhart Tolle, The Power of Now
9. Pema Chodron, When Things Fall Apart
10. Thich Nhat Hanh, Living Buddha, Living Christ
11. The Gnostic Bible
12. Eckhart Tolle, A New Earth
13. Tao Te Ching
14. The Collected Poems of WB Yeats
15. Jack Hawley, Bhagavad Gita – Westerner’s Translation
16. Deepak Chopra, Seven Spiritual Laws of Success
17. Marianne Williamson, Everyday Grace
18. Whitman, Leaves of Grass
19. John Kabat-Zinn, Wherever You Go, There You Are
20. Ben Hoff, Tao of Pooh
21. Ben Hoff, Te of Piglet
22. Ram Daas, Be Here Now
23. Thoreau, Walking
24. Rahula, What the Buddha Taught
25. Mark Nepo, The Book of Awakening
26. Cheri Huber, What You Seek is Causing You to Seek
27. Jack Kornfield, A Path with Heart
28. Paul Reps, Zen Flesh, Zen Bones